FOCUS-IT Specializes In Extracorporeal Shock Wave Equipment (ESWT) For Acute And Chronic Equine Injuries and Lameness
Extracorporeal Shock Wave is Quick, Safe and Successful
Also known as ESWT, extracorporeal shockwave is a non-invasive technology that offers pain relief to horses while it significantly speeds up healing and restores mobility.
Extracorporeal Shockwave for Equine Injuries
Focus-It / Storz Medical ESWT is the gold standard for shock wave treatment and is particularly effective for horses and can be used to treat conditions such as:
- Horse tendon injuries including tendonitis
- Ligament injuries in horses including suspensory ligament desmitis
- Horse muscle pain
- Bone problems and abnormalities including delayed bone healing, stress fractures, endostietis
- Equine joint ailments such as injuries, osteoarthritis and joint disease
- Equine pain management
- Wound care
- Back problems
- Fasciitis in horses
- Plus many other horse conditions and injuries, where extracorporeal shockwave has been shown to produce quick, successful and lasting results in horses. For more detailed information, please visit our web page entitled Uses and Applications of ESWT for Horses,or read reports from veterinarians on our ESWT Equine Case Studies and Extracorporeal Shock Wave Testimonials pages.
The Benefits of ESWT in Equine Applications
The Benefits Of Extracorporeal Shock Wave For Treating Horse Injuries are quite numerous. Indeed, we’ve devoted an entire page to the advantages of using ESWT shockwave treatments, which include: a non-invasive treatment, rapid healing, no side effects, portable equipment that can be taken to the barn rather than the horse having to travel, immediate pain relief and much more. If you are an equine veterinarian and are not already using extracorporeal shock wave therapy, you owe it to your patients, your clients and your practice to explore this convenient, economical, affordable, non-invasive, mobile and super-effective healing technology.
Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Technology
Extracorporeal shock wave technologies for horses include both focused and radial shockwaves. Click here to learn more about which ESWT technologies work best for which types of equine injuries.
“We have used ESWT since April 2002. Our results have been very good, prompting the clinical impression that it is the treatment of choice for tendon, ligament and some stress fractures. Our client response has been enthusiastic and repetitive.”
James Stewart, VMD & President – Yergey, Stewart & Vallance & Associates Charted – Laurel, MD