The Benefits of Shock Wave As Treatment For Horse Injuries
QUICK • ECONOMICAL • SAFE • SUCCESSFUL: ESWT SHOCKWAVE FOR HORSES
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) can be used for treating a wide range of chronic and acute horse injuries including joint, tendon, ligament and muscle problems; soft tissue injuries, fractured bones; foot and leg injuries; back and spinal issues; connective tissue conditions and many more. Shock wave therapy is also particularly useful as a treatment for horse injuries of the suspensory ligaments. For a Detailed List of the Types of Horse Injuries that respond well to shock wave therapy and the many ways that ESWT is used in the treatment of horse injuries, please see our Uses and Applications page and our Equine Applications page.
Benefits of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) As A Treatment For Horse Injuries
ESWT offers a non-invasive and drug-free treatment for horse injuries, musculoskeletal disorders, wound care and many other applications.
“With both analgesic and therapeutic benefits, shockwave therapy is an integral part of my treatment armament and practice. I find the decrease in healing time to be very impressive.” Judy Tubman, VMD
The many benefits of equine shockwave as a treatment for horse injuries include:
- Rapid Reduction in Pain and Decreased Healing Times
- Works On Chronic and Acute Conditions
- None Of The Side Effects Of Steroid Treatments — nor the dangers of further injury
- A Great Alternative to Drugs and Their Side Effects
- A Successful Alternative To Surgery as a treatment for horse injuries
- Requires No Sedation, Medication or Anesthesia – one of the few horse injury treatments that require no drugs of any kind
- A Quick Out-Patient Treatment For Horse Injuries
- Available On-Site With Mobile Shock Wave Units
- Virtually No Side Effects – which can’t be said for most treatments
- A Complete Course Of Treatment In A Few Sessions (the average treatment for horse injuries is completed in 3-5 sessions)
- A Cost Saving Treatment For Horse Injuries
Equine shock wave not only offers many benefits to horses and their owners for the treatment for horse injuries, but is also a great low-cost investment for equine veterinarians and their practices. Many facilities invest in technology and diagnostic equipment to identify musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders, but few can offer a beneficial therapeutic solution after the diagnosis. Most only offer pharmaceuticals that may result in adverse side effects or recommend surgical solutions. Neither of these options, however, can offer the safe, rapid and effective clinical outcomes of ESWT as a treatment for horse injuries. For most equine patients, ESWT provides fast, reliable and effective treatment for horse injuries and for horses suffering from chronic pain.
Naturally, as distributors of ESWT Equine Shock Wave Therapy Equipment, we would claim excellent benefits and results for shockwave as a treatment for horse injuries, but don’t take our word for it. We invite you to read what your veterinary peers have to say about using shock wave as a treatment for horse injuries, and for chronic and acute musculoskeletal, orthopedic and other horse disorders.