The practice handbook – Soft cover – 135 pages
Author: Dr. Ulrich Dreisilker
- Mechanisms of action of shock waves
- Basic treatment principles of shock/pressure waves
- Classic and extended indications
- Sports medicine indications and complementary therapies
- History, physical and biological basics
Myofascial Syndromes & Trigger Points
The practice handbook
Soft cover – 210 pages
Author: Dr. Markus Gleitz
This reference work will provide you with a practical guide for treating trigger points with extracorporeal shockwave therapy. An introduction to the new form of therapy using shock wave therapy on muscles for all those who would like to offer an additional and innovative method of treatment to their patients.
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy –
Clinical Results, Technologies, Basics
Hard cover – 380 pages
Ludger Gerdesmeyer, MD, PhD, FIPP and
Lowell Weil, DPM
From the basic mechanics of shockwaves, to ESWT application and therapy, to clinical results, this book provides a comprehensive look at extracorporeal shockwave therapy from researchers all over the globe.
“Shockwave treatment (ESWT) is a compelling, non-surgical treatment for an expanding variety of musculoskeletal conditions. More than two decades after the first clinical shockwave treatment, many new indications have been discovered and a large number of excellent studies and basic research have been performed. The most famous shockwave researchers have written their chapters within this book.” — Dr. John J. Stienstra, DPM, FACFAS Past President of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (2005-2006)
Additional Books About Shockwaves in Medicine:
- Shock Focussing Effect in Medical Science and Sonoluminescence
R.C. Srivastave, D. Leutloff, K. Takayama, & H. Grönig (Eds.)
Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2003.
- Shock Wave Applications in Musculoskeletal Disorders
Jan-Dirk Rompe (Ed.)
New York: Thieme, 2002
- ESWT and Ultrasound Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System
C.E. Bachmann, G. Gruber, W. Konermann, A. Arnold, G.M. Gruber & F. Ueberle.
Germany: Steinkopff Verlag Darmstadt, 2001
- Musculoskeletal Shockwave Therapy
Richard Coombs, Wolfgang Schaden, & Simon Sun Hua Zhou
London: Greenwich Medical Media Ltd, 2000
- High Energy Shock Waves in Medicine
C. Chaussy, F. Eisenberger, D. Jocham, and D. Wilbert (Eds.)
New York: Thieme, 1997
Articles About Shockwaves in Medicine:
- Musculoskeletal Shockwave Therapy. Coombs, Richard, Wolfgang Schaden and Simon Sun Hua Zhou. London: Greenwich Medical Media Ltd, 2000.
- Shock Wave Applications in Musculoskeletal Disorders. Rompe, Jan-Dirk(Ed.) New York: Thieme, 2002.
- High Energy Shock Waves in Medicine. Chaussy, C., F. Eisenberger, D. Jocham, and D. Wilbert (Eds.). New York: Thieme, 1997.
- Shock Focussing Effect in Medical Science and Sonoluminescence. Srivastave, R.C., D. Leutloff, K. Takayama, and H. Grönig (Eds.). Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2003.
- Extracorporeal ShockWave Therapy: Technologies, Basics, Clinical Results Gerdesmeyer, Ludger and Lowell Scott Weil. Towson: Data Trace, 2007.
- ESWT and Ultrasound Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System. Bachmann, C.E., G. Gruber, W. Konermann, A. Arnold, G.M. Gruber and F. Ueberle. Germany: Steinkopff Verlag Darmstadt, 2001.